Change up your routine and add extra vegies to your mash in this delicious parsnip and turnip shepherds pie.
The ingredient of Shepherds pie with root vegetable mash
- 400g brushed potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 40g butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 100g bacon rashers, chopped
- 150g cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g Coles Australian Lamb Mince
- 400g can Ardmona Rich & Thick Chopped Tomatoes with Mixed Herbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Coles Fresh Beetroot & Baby Spinach Leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Shepherds pie with root vegetable mash
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cook the potato, parsnip and turnip in a large pot of boiling water for 12-15 mins or until tender. Drain. Use a fork to mash until smooth. Add the butter and stir to combine. Season well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, bacon, mushroom and carrot for 5-7 mins or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 mins or until browned. Add the tomato and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins or until thickened. Stir through zucchini. Season.
- Spoon the mince mixture among four 1 1/2 - cup (375ml) ramekins or pie dishes. Top with the mash mixture. Drizzle with extra olive oil. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 20 mins or until tops are golden. Serve with the mixed leaves.
Nutritions of Shepherds pie with root vegetable mashcalories: