Sit back, relax and enjoy the mouthwatering aromas while your hearty dinner cooks.
The ingredient of Hearty lamb and risoni pasta soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small lamb shanks, french trimmed
- 100g pancetta slices, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dried risoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
The instruction how to make Hearty lamb and risoni pasta soup
- Heat oil in a stock pot or large pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until well browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the pancetta, carrot, celery and onion and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Return the lamb to the pan.
- Add the stock, tomato and rosemary. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 2 hours or until the meat falls from the bone. Use tongs to transfer lamb to a plate, then remove the meat from the bone. Coarsely shred the flesh. Return to the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the pasta and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Season, stir in parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Hearty lamb and risoni pasta soupcalories: 455.295 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 35 grams protein
calories: 1800.2 milligrams sodium