The ingredient of Roasted beef fillet with pancetta, roasted parsnips and horseradish cream
- 1/3 cup finely grated fresh horseradish (see notes)
- 300ml ctn sour cream
- 1 (about 1.2kg) beef fillet, trimmed
- 180g (about 10 slices) flat pancetta
- 6 parsnips, peeled
- 1/4 cup sage leaves
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
The instruction how to make Roasted beef fillet with pancetta, roasted parsnips and horseradish cream
- Combine the horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge so the flavours can develop.
- Preheat oven to 250u00b0C. Place beef fillet on a clean work surface. Working with one pancetta slice at a time, wrap around the beef from one end to the other until beef fillet is covered with pancetta. Use kitchen string to tie at intervals along the beef fillet to secure pancetta. Set aside until required.
- Cut parsnips in half lengthways, then cut on a sharp angle widthways to get 4 long pieces from each parsnip. Place in a roasting pan with sage, rosemary, thyme and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until parsnip is tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside in a warm place.
- Place a heavy-based oven tray in the oven to heat. Brush remaining oil over beef fillet and season with pepper. Place fillet on oven tray and roast, turning once, for 20 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, return parsnip to oven for 5-10 minutes to heat through. Thickly slice beef and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with parsnip and horseradish cream.
Nutritions of Roasted beef fillet with pancetta, roasted parsnips and horseradish creamcalories: 582.204 calories
calories: 44 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 41 grams protein
calories: 144 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 684.51 milligrams sodium