Try something a little different with this Asian-inspired main meal.
The ingredient of Five-spiced eggplant with tofu and Chinese greens
- 300g firm silken tofu
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 12 baby eggplant, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice (see note)
- 2 bunches baby choy sum, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
The instruction how to make Five-spiced eggplant with tofu and Chinese greens
- Cut tofu into 2cm pieces. Place on a large plate lined with paper towel. Cover with paper towel. Press down gently to absorb any excess liquid. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry tofu, in two batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry eggplant, in two batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned lightly. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and five-spice. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add choy sum, soy sauce, oyster sauce and lime juice. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Return tofu to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Five-spiced eggplant with tofu and Chinese greenscalories: 153.438 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 659.67 milligrams sodium