Two classic favourites - creamy pumpkin soup and cheese toasties, come together in this fabulous winter meal.
The ingredient of Super quick pumpkin soup with floating cheese toastie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 40g cheddar, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Super quick pumpkin soup with floating cheese toastie
- Add oil, onion, garlic and thyme to inner pot of Philips All In One Cooker. Press saute/sear high temp button. Set cooking time for 4 minutes and press start (do not close the lid). Stir occasionally. Stir in the pumpkin and stock. Close lid and turn knob to seal. Press manual in pressure cooking for 10 minutes. Turn knob to vent. Once the steam has been released, open lid.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. Place bread on an oven tray. Cook under grill for 1 minute or until toasted. Turn bread and cover with cheddar. Cook under grill for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Cut toasties in half.
- Discard thyme sprigs. Using a hand held blender, blend soup until smooth. Serve soup with cheese toastie halves, chives and a dollop of yoghurt.
Nutritions of Super quick pumpkin soup with floating cheese toastiecalories: 270.548 calories
calories: 6.7 grams fat
calories: 1.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 46.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11.8 grams sugar
calories: 9.4 grams protein
calories: 2 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 763 milligrams sodium