We think wonderful meals shouldnt end with the weekend. Perfect for rounding out your mains, this savvy side dish can be prepped a little in advance to make life easier on busy weeknights when youre short on time and ideas. (See notes for more).
The ingredient of Leek, pea and coriander pilaf
- 30g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Leek, pea and coriander pilaf
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek is golden and very tender.
- Stir in rice. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 18 minutes or until rice is just tender and all stock has been absorbed. Remove pan from heat.
- Add peas. Stir to combine. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped coriander. Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Leek, pea and coriander pilafcalories: 273.177 calories
calories: 6.7 grams fat
calories: 4.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 46.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.6 grams protein
calories: 11 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 564 milligrams sodium