Coconut milk puts an extra special spin on this delicious vegetarian main.
The ingredient of Roasted pumpkin with Mexican beans
- 1.2kg butternut pumpkin, seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Roasted pumpkin with Mexican beans
- Preheat oven to 210C.
- Cut the pumpkin lengthways into 2.5cm-thick wedges. Place in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of the oil and toss to combine. Season.
- Arrange the pumpkin in a single layer on 2 baking trays. Roast for 20 mins. Use a spatula to turn the pumpkin over. Roast for a further 15-20 mins or until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until tender. Add the Mexican seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Stir in the beans, tomato and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until mixture thickens.
- Transfer the pumpkin to a serving platter. Spoon over the bean mixture and top with coriander and chilli to serve.
Nutritions of Roasted pumpkin with Mexican beanscalories: