Homemade pesto makes this polenta side dish even more flavoursome.
The ingredient of Pesto polenta
- 1 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup light thickened cream
The instruction how to make Pesto polenta
- Place stock, garlic and 2 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Add polenta. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 7 minutes or until polenta is thick.
- Add cheese, pine nuts, basil, oregano, chives and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Pesto polentacalories: 309.983 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 6.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 26.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9.8 grams protein
calories: 32 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 720 milligrams sodium