Make the perfect gourmet risotto with freshly podded peas and crumbled feta.
The ingredient of Pea and feta risotto
- 450g fresh peas, in the pod (see note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, shredded
The instruction how to make Pea and feta risotto
- Shell peas into a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes or until bright green. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, pour stock into a saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and keep at a simmer.
- Add 1/3 cup hot stock to rice mixture. Cook, stirring constantly. When rice has absorbed stock, add another 1/3 cup hot stock. Repeat until rice is tender and creamy (this will take about 25 minutes).
- Add peas to rice mixture with final 1/3 cup hot stock. Remove from heat. Stir in feta, mint and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pea and feta risottocalories: 650.797 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 88 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 1878.39 milligrams sodium