Maximum flavour meets minimum fuss in this mighty t-bone meal to share, which is served with a simple cheesy sauce and vegetable chips.
The ingredient of Barbecued T-bone with whipped gorgonzola butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 600g beef T-bone steaks
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 100g butter, softened
- 60g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Vegetable chips, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Barbecued T-bone with whipped gorgonzola butter
- Combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon thyme and 2 tablespoons oil in a large glass or ceramic dish. Add steaks. Rub to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow avours to develop.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced.
- Place garlic on a piece of foil. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bring edges of foil together, twisting at the top to enclose. Roast garlic for 20 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool completely.
- Squeeze garlic from skins into a medium bowl. Add butter and gorgonzola. Using a wooden spoon, beat until combined. Stir in remaining thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Heat a greased barbecue hotplate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 7 to 8 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Dollop steaks with butter mixture. Serve with chips and salad.
Nutritions of Barbecued T-bone with whipped gorgonzola buttercalories: 1108.721 calories
calories: 88.7 grams fat
calories: 39.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 17.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 58.6 grams protein
calories: 206 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 721 milligrams sodium