A wonderful accompaniment to a roast dinner are these roasted root vegetables with anchovy & rosemary crumbs.
The ingredient of Roasted root vegetables with anchovy & rosemary crumbs
- 70g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old crusty bread)
- 50g butter, melted
- 4 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 small (about 330g) sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 baby beetroot, peeled, quartered
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, peeled
The instruction how to make Roasted root vegetables with anchovy & rosemary crumbs
- Combine the breadcrumbs, butter, anchovy, garlic and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the sweet potato and fennel in a large roasting pan. Drizzle over half the oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the beetroot and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place the beetroot in the pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the carrots and roast for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Increase oven temperature to 220u00b0C. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the vegetables. Roast in oven for a further 10 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden and the vegetables are tender. Serve.
Nutritions of Roasted root vegetables with anchovy & rosemary crumbscalories: 229.44 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 5.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4.5 grams protein